Boiler Water Inlet HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, the water pressure in my boiler is almost at zero and the plumber who installed it didn't add a flex cord with a valve.

This is what the bottom of my boiler looks like (tight space)

IMG_20130117_194435_zpsc868aa07.jpg

can someone help? is there anyway I can let water in with what you see?

thank you very much.

also, will running the boiler when the water pressure is low cause damage?

Sponsored Links
And the boiler make and model is................................

Looks like there may be a valve on the return pipe there, but details of what you have will help.

Sponsored Links
you must have a filling loop somewhere how else did the installer fill it? follow the cold water inlet back from the boiler till you find the filling loop it might be in a cupboard or a kitchen unit below the boiler they are not always attached to the boiler

you must have a filling loop somewhere how else did the installer fill it? follow the cold water inlet back from the boiler till you find the filling loop it might be in a cupboard or a kitchen unit below the boiler they are not always attached to the boiler

there isnt one... i am not sure how it was done in the first place.

Is there a valve i can turn that you can see in the picture?

There used to be a flexible hose with a valve on it but the engineer removed it because they had to squeeze a microwave into the space underneath it. I don't know why he didnt put it back :(

You boiler should have 2 valves underneath for the built-in filling loop. Open both until you get to 1.2 bar, then close both. Probably the two handle type valves on lower photo on link.

http://www.vaillantservice.co.uk/Vaillant_Boiler_Self_Help.html

Post an image of boiler's underside if you have problems finding them

whitespirit66 thank you for your help.. pressure back up .. now waiting house temperature to rise above zero C... :p

i really appreciate it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back