Boiler wont fire. Potterton puma 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted earlier today that my low pressure light was on and boiler wouldn't fire, while the black pressure gauge was sitting in the 4 bar area( too much pressure), so i bled a radiator, got it down to 1 1/4 bars, low pressure light still on....i then tried disconnecting the 2 yellow wires PL12 that led to the water pressure switch, which overrides the safety feature, it worked but when reconnecting it was the same thing. I posted asking info on how to clean the water pressure switch and if i could do this myself. IN THE MEAN TIME i read a post about just tapping the switch lightly as it may dislodge any limescale/dirt, i did this and on switching the boiler back on LOW & BEHOLD the low pressure switch was OFF, HOWEVER the boiler still would not fire.

In need of a shower i though i would disconnect temporarily the 2 yellow wires overriding the safety feature BUT when i did this it now wont even fire with this override....?????HELP PLEASE.....

Sponsored Links
Stick to a single thread for the same problem. Saves much confusion!!

sorry , new to all this, ill stick to my original thread.
thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back