Boiler won't turn off when temperture reached

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am at my wits end, i have insurance cover for my central heating system and boiler but they can't seem to resolve the problem mainly because it is intermittent but the problem is there more than it is not. Basically the temperature in my house can get up to 28.5 even though the thermostat is set to 21, the repair guy put a new thermostat in and it is exactly the same, he told me it is my pressurized boiler and that the thermostat on this is broken and I need to pay an expert because my insurance does not cover this. I got the expert, he said there was nothing wrong with the pressurized tank or the thermostat or valves associated with it, he checked the centol heating control panel and said he thought it was that so i paid him £130. and he changed it, it did seem to do the trick for around 4 days but now it is back as it was, the only way I can control this is by turning the heating on and off by the boiler on and off - what do I do now - any advice would be very much appreciated :(

Sponsored Links
?? heating control panel being the programmer ??? what type of room stat have u got has it got a digital display ??

he told me it is my pressurized boiler and that the thermostat on this is broken and I need to pay an expert because my insurance does not cover this. I got the expert, he said there was nothing wrong with the pressurized tank or the thermostat or valves associated with it, he checked the centol heating control panel and said he thought it was that so i paid him £130.

I presume that you mean the boiler guy said it was the hot water cylinder and the boiler cover does not include that.

Are you sure it does not cover it?

Since the "expert" found that the problem is with the boiler then that means that you can reclaim the cost of the expert from your insurance firm. But you will probably have to fight hard. Homeserve were in the paper today for not dealing with complaints properly.

Boiler breakdown insurance ( but not maintenance contracts! ) seem to be covered by the FSA.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back