boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning a new extension of approx 30m2 which will consist of a shower room, utility room and family room. I currently have a worcester bosch boiler (not sure of model) will this be able to cope with adding new 3 new rads and a shower. The shower room will be approx 3m2 with a small rad and shower. The utility approx 8m2, one rad and the family room approx 19m2 so a large rad or couple of smaller ones. any help appreciated?

Sponsored Links
You've left out the most important info..........Boiler Make/Model. There should be a badge somewhere on it. We don't know if its a combi or a heat only boiler :confused:

Sponsored Links
That's a bit like asking: I've got a VW, what kind of tyres do I need?[/quote]

The round rubber ones :LOL:

It depends on what is already running off your boiler it could already be up to its maximum running capacity. You need to find out the BTU's being used in your existing house.

The last post is also very essential.

Bit like saying "I have a Ford Mondeo amd having twins next week. Will the car still be suitable for the larger family?"

... I currently have a worcester bosch boiler (not sure of model) will this be able to cope ...
That's a bit like asking: I've got a VW, what kind of tyres do I need?

See the thing is I ain't that thick cause if I had a vw or any other car I would just look at the size and make of the tyres already on there and buy some replacement ones doh!! My boiler however does not tell me at what capacity its running at or how many more rads could be connected!!!

...My boiler however does not tell me at what capacity its running at or how many more rads could be connected!!!
But it does tell you what model it is, which in turn would tell us the capacity.
Not that it would tell us if it's enough, as you did not reveal what the requirements are.
But don't worry, I've got monday morning off, which will give me time to get my crystal ball from the attic.

Common sense answer
Combis are sized for hot water delivery and as a result 99% of them are well oversized for the heating circuit if you already have a standard size 3/ 4 bedroom house the boiler will take 3 extra rads easily.
As for extra shower that not a prob either but you wont be able to run 2 showers ar same time

Yes it will take extra rads and have no problem with heating capacity.What will be a problem is poorly installed and undersized pipework.The boilers pump only has fixed capacity.Make sure the primaries to extension are not too small.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back