Which Boiler(s) for large HMO 15-bed

Thanks for your contribution guys and I would like to save £2k

Ive seen good feedback on this forum for Atag, so how about if i go for ATAG Q-Series Q60S Condensing Gas System Boiler and say two 300L cylinders, say ACV SLE300 (tank within tank) which are supposed to replenish quickly. I could have one cylinder on floor 4 and the other on floor 3. Boiler will go in floor 1

Any installers interested?

Sponsored Links
I'm told:
"an SLE300 plus would give 640 litres per 10 mins @ 45c. Maximum usable input from the boiler is 68kw & the initial heat up time from 10c to 85c is only 22 mins ,the recovery time is almost instant so will not run out of DHW and down time in heating mode will be very short.

Sponsored Links
You were considering 2?
You mention 1 boiler, who's output is? ;)

If your considering storing at 85 to give effectively double the storage, just be ware the associated risks.;)

Good luck, this is going to be fun.

Thanks for your contribution guys and I would like to save £2k

Wouldn't we all! i would go with lee's advice and get it spec'd and designed properly it will cost you more in the long run and is a false economy.
A system like this needs to be treated with respect and knowledge not just rule of thumb, the back of a cigarette packet design and hope for the best.

I can't see why it would cost £2k to spec this up. Its not Buckingham palace!
No way am I gonna pay that kind of money. A few hundred £ maybe but £2k, no way
This is a DIY forum so let's see if I can do much of it myself with your help

I can't see why it would cost £2k to spec this up. Its not Buckingham palace!
No way am I gonna pay that kind of money. A few hundred £ maybe but £2k, no way
This is a DIY forum so let's see if I can do much of it myself with your help
Dan beat me to it but you really need to consider who is liable for it if it goes wrong! In a property like this you need to worry about scalding risk and Legionella etc. It's really not the same as doing it in your own home, you have a duty of care to the users.

couple hundred quid to write and guarantee a performance spec that some tight wad developer won't follow and then come chasing the designer claiming it doesn't work....

Well your effort so far in one Q60s and two SLE plus' sain't really there is it?

Let me guess, you've got a 15mm water main, a u6 gas meter and a couple
Of Romanian mates that can help you out.

Your really going to squirm when people give you a price to do it right!

Don't go pinching my 24kw combi and 15electric showers plan. Find your own two grand. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back