Recommendation For Quiet Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My father has just moved in to a small terrace bungalow. He needs a new combi which will be situated in a walk-in wardrobe, seperated from the bedroom by a stud wall and door.

He wants a quiet boiler, but it must also be reliable. He had a vailant before, and W. Bosch seem to be recommended.

The property;
2 bed, 1 bathroom with shower.
5 small rads.
Cold flow at kitchen tap = 42 litres per min.

Any thoughts appreciated on make and size

Sponsored Links
The Remeha Avant range are extremely quiet and reliable.

WB are expensive and unreliable garbage.

They are popular with installers because of their promotional free gifts.
( power tools, clothing ect ), so no doubt will come highly recommended roll: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WB CDI is no doubt the quietest boiler on the market.
Assuming the boiler will not be touching the stud wall, the sharpest ears in the world won't be able to hear it in the bedroom when it comes on in the morning.

It is all I install, and have had 1 breakdown since introduction of the Greenstar about 6 years ago, which was repaired next morning foc by manufacturer.
In case you are wondering, I have yet to get my first free football, pen, fleece or whatever; no doubt I could, but am just not interested.

Sponsored Links
Broag Remeha Avanta 39c Excellent boiler, more than capable of heating higher flow rates and good back up ;)

bengasman, do WB publish their boilers noise figures? not saying it is not quiet but was wondering how quiet viessmanns 32 db is to other boilers.

The Avanta is the best without a shadow of a doubt.

Best combi is the Atmos.

had a look at the intergas boilers at installer live and was really impressed with them.

would not **** on an alpha if it was on fire :evil: worst customer service in the history of the universe. the only sound that would come from an alpha is when it hit the ground after I throw it out of the top window of a customers house :eek:

bengasman, do WB publish their boilers noise figures? not saying it is not quiet but was wondering how quiet viessmanns 32 db is to other boilers.
Wouldn't have a clue.
Not sure if you can't fiddle noise db's like you can fiddle gain db's, or stereo Watts.
I simply go by what I can hear, and that is precious little. Had one client call me up next day after installation asking me how to start the boiler. Told her, and client said that was what she had done, so went around to have a look. Boiler was on, she just couldn't hear it. And no, she wasn't 107. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back