Recommendation For Quiet Combi Boiler

So you recommend ATAG without ever working on one ??
How many Intergas and veissmans then as if you only work on them on the side and they are that good surely you would not be seeing that many of what are in reality minor players in UK market.

Anyways thought you earned far more than enough at your bees knees job 42k not enough

Sponsored Links
I have never even seen a broag, believe it or not. Not counting the showroom that is. Same goes for Atag.

So you recommend ATAG without ever working on one ??
How many Intergas and veissmans then as if you only work on them on the side and they are that good surely you would not be seeing that many of what are in reality minor players in UK market.

Anyways thought you earned far more than enough at your bees knees job 42k not enough

yes I would recommend atag, they are well made and engineered. Viessmann and intergas are relative newcomers and so I wouldn't expect to come accross many that have broken down but I have serviced a few. I have some long standing customers I work for privately, I hope you don't mind. Is there any point to your questions?

Point being people come on here and recommend boilers that they have never seen or worked on because they are the latest SUPER engineered boiler out there .
AND it looks really good in the brochure and the manufacturers rep said they are fantastic. Your answers have confirmed this.

Stick a name on it that sounds foreign and make it £200 dearer than it should be .
Does Keston ring a bell .
Good to see you have your own registration davy otherwise it would have Agile going on about being illegal etc ;)

Sponsored Links
Point being people come on here and recommend boilers that they have never seen or worked on because they are the latest SUPER engineered boiler out there .
AND it looks really good in the brochure and the manufacturers rep said they are fantastic. Your answers have confirmed this.

Stick a name on it that sounds foreign and make it £200 dearer than it should be .
Does Keston ring a bell .
Good to see you have your own registration davy otherwise it would have Agile going on about being illegal etc ;)

I have never said keston were good, quite the opposite (english by the way doesn't remotely sound foreign) . As for anything foreign being good I hate heatline (turkish), ferrolli/sime (italian), chaff/sd/elm leblanc (french), amongst others. I do have my own registration, pl etc so am above board so agile needn't worry. (no doubt you'll check as you like to think your some kind of private detective).

No need to check.

Never said you said keston .
They where the Atag broag viesmann etc etc of the past .
Point being too many people out there say its a dear boiler so must be the best.

No need to check.

Never said you said keston .
They where the Atag broag viesmann etc etc of the past .
Point being too many people out there say its a dear boiler so must be the best.

most of the time you get what you pay for in life although there are exceptions to this rule. Quality boilers use more expensive parts and materials (stainless steel for example is alot more expensive than aluminium, copper/brass dearer than plastic) and this pushes the price up.

I've been fitting Broag boilers for at least 20 years :rolleyes: and they are a quality Company.

Ok what happens in the future with Baxi, we can only speculate, in the meantime enjoy a rare product, because there's nothing else to match it.

The domestic range has only been in he Uk for 4 years and the only thing it shares with the commercial range is the badge. As I've said many times before, the only difference between this boiler and many others is a pcb and a badge. If you actually look inside one you'll see for yourself.

Appreciate what you're saying mickyg, but you get to trust a manufacturer, and expect a new model to be the same quality untill it lets you down.

Wb are introducing new boilers all the time, should everyone not install them because it isn't a Greenstar CDi, of course not.

Sound measurements have to be carefully compared to make them comparable.

A mere figure is of little relavance.

Firstly its the distance! The best standard is at 1 m. But unless it stipulated it could be at 100m away !

Then theres the weighting! There is an adjustment to the response to mimic the human ear. But for some reasons there are actually TWO weighting curves.

Then do you measure near the boiler or near the flue?

I have been to investigate both internal and external ( flue ) noise.

One of the quietest internal boilers I have fitted are the small W-B 12/15 Ri and the older Viessmann 100. You can not really hear if they are on if its at lower power.

Tony

Yeah dm, the Gorbals Gob's right. People shouldn't go around recommending boilers they haven't worked on, leave that to the architects, specifiers and engineers like you that keep up with the game. FFS halfwit
poke2.gif

I have fitted the old viessmann 100, the new 100w, the heat only 100w, and the 200w. do I get a say?

agile is right, the distances at which it is measured and the nature of the sound is important . you could stand a low rumble but be driven up the wall with a high pitch sound.

viessmann for the 200w have stated less then 32 db( with weighting type A) but did not state the distance. i guess 1m but you would never know. they did describe their boiler(200w) to have "extremely quiet operation"

so fits the bill for good and quiet but does cost a arm and a leg and I would suggest that only installer that know something about the 200w fit them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back