Quiet COmbi Boiler - What do you recommend?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I currently have a relatively modern garvity fed heating system with gas condensor boiler (a Potterton Profile boiler). I wish to replace the boiler with a modern combi-boiler as I wish to free up the space which is currently occupied by my cold water storage and hot water tank. All the rads are around 10-15 years old as is the pipework so I hope that the increase in water pressure will not cause me any headaches.

My question is - what boiler would you recommend? My key criteria is that I want something as quiet as possible. It will be sited in the old airing cupboard which is in the corner of a bedroom. Hence noise minimisation is important. The house is a standard 1200 sq ft 1930s 3 bed semi with a single bathroom and over-bath shower. The shower currently runs under gravity and is not pumped / heated electrically.

Whilst cost is always a consideration I want quietness and quality rather than cheap and noisy.

What do the pros recommend for quietness in a house of this size?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Golfer1 said:
Hi there,

My question is - what boiler would you recommend? Whilst cost is always a consideration I want quietness and quality rather than cheap and noisy.

What do the pros recommend for quietness in a house of this size?

Thanks!

As you go to 35kw, I don't think any boiler will be totally silent. I install Atag boilers and they are very good on the noise front. Once the case goes on you can't hear them behind a closed door

Be careful as some boilers have very noisy fans. Some of the guys on here who repair other makes of boiler may be able to advise.

Also, don't forget you need a pretty beefy gas pipe from the meter up to the cupboard.

Vaillant ecomax is the quietest boiler that i am aware of but it is quite expensive (but very reliable)

Sponsored Links
I install Worcester-Bosch and I find them very quiet... I suppose the answer to this question depends on the engineers preference and how deep your pockets are.
Just stick with the good makes and you won't go far wrong..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back