Recommendation For Quiet Combi Boiler

Sponsored Links
The Remeha Avant range are extremely quiet and reliable.

WB are expensive and unreliable garbage.

They are popular with installers because of their promotional free gifts.
( power tools, clothing ect ), so no doubt will come highly recommended roll: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Garbage :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I fit them for there reliability and never and I mean never taken any promotional sheite off any manufacturer.

As has been said, a CDI is very quiet

Thanks for the benefit of your experience, much appreciated. Boiler reliability is one thing, but trying to get info about noise isn't something that many people consider.

I have a Vailant Turbomax plus myself, which certainly isn't quiet. At 2 breakdowns in 2 years, it isn't particularly reliable either.

Hmm. Broag, Viessman or W.B.? Probably have to come down to price to seperate the three choices. Any good deals from suppliers out there at the moment?

Sponsored Links
You weren't kidding! :eek: Won't get much change out of £1300, inc VAT, flue and combi fixing kit (do you need this?). Thats for the 26Kw.

Won't get much change out of £1300, inc VAT, flue and combi fixing kit (do you need this?). Thats for the 26Kw.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I don't think they warrant that sort of money, decent boiler, but that is taking the mick.

Right, had a Google of Broag. Seems much more sensible price. So its that or the W.B.

Someone suggested the Broag 39c, which presumably is 39Kw. It has 16.5 lit/min DHW flow. This may be overkill for my dad's tiny 2 bed retirement bungalow ( 5 small rads, 1 bathroom with shower). Its microbore. Yes, I know :(

Would the 24c, or 28c do, they both have 11.5 lit/min DHW flow?

For Mehran as well.

Viessmann is not a patch on the Broag Avanta.

It's twice the price or near as damn it.

The 200 is 54KG against the 35c 32KG.

The flow rate, hot water is the same.

The Avanta modulates lower than the Viessmann.

Remeha are short listed for the green initiative of the year award.

The Avanta are among the smallest, lightest, and quietest boilers in their class, well thats what it said in the trade mag anyway.

Apart from the fact I can't even lift a 200 off the floor let alone hang it on the wall :rolleyes: they aint that reliable compared to the Avanta or WB Greenstar CDi

http://www.avantarange.com/combi_boilers.html

the 28 give you 11.5Ltr/m against the 35 at 14 Ltr/m

Ask 10 gas fitters for what they feel is the best boiler and you will be presented with 10 different boilers....

My own WB 30Si, I feel could be quieter.. It's not noisy by any means but can be a little clunky... The Vaillant Ecotecs that I install are a fair bit quieter... In terms of reliabillity I think that they are both about the same but I do feel that the Vaillant is easier to work on..

Ask 10 gas fitters for what they feel is the best boiler and you will be presented with 10 different boilers....
Amongst which you might find such choice products like Ideal and Main. :LOL:
Not much in terms of quality between today's Atags, Vailants, Viessmanns, and WB's (entry models excluded) when it comes to quality/reliability. The rest is simply not in the same league.

I would go for the Broag 28c as he still has a bath. The 24c is very good, but would only be sensible if he never ever had baths.

Can't see why he would need a 35c or bigger, unless he likes the feeling of bing 'sand blasted' in the shower.

But then each to his own :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back