Replacing a Keston K130 boiler need recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing a Keston K130 boiler (max output 42.3 kw) and I could do with some recommended condensing boilers for a sealed system. Looking for reliability and quietness of operation given the obvious and well-known shortcomings of the current appliance. Serves a 2 storey, 5 bed property of 4000 square feet.

cheers,

John

Sponsored Links
Atag Q38 would cope unless you really need 42kw and then you could then go to Q51. Alternative would be Viessmann, but don't have experience of their bigger rated boilers.

Both have weather compensation controllers and 5 year warranty and 10 years on the main heat exchanger. I think Keston give a 2 paltry years on their heat exchangers!

Viessmann 200 46Kw. Sit one next to a Worcester 40 and weep.

Sponsored Links
How about a vaillant ecotec 46?

Any good to replace a k130?

intergas hre 40 or if you want a bit of back up 2 intergas 24kw boilers.

Kestons are normally used when its difficult to run the flue, how is your boiler located ie in a basement or middle of the house ?

The ecotec 46 is a commercial boiler and so the installer also has to be suitably qualified.

Atag Q38 all the way. Far better than the Worcester.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back