Boilermag isolation valve leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know the isolation valves supplied with magnetic filters can be poor quality and this one on my boilermag is leaking from the spindle. It only seems to happen first thing in the morning when there's a pool of water underneath it. It took some time to identify it as the source, as it doesn't always leak (although it is dripping right now).

Is there an alternative I can buy to replace this? Preferably a better quality one which doesn't leak. I searched 28mm to 1" isolation valve, as I believe that is the size on the boilermag side (the copper is 28mm), but didn't find anything I can source locally. I also couldn't find an identical replacement part.

Any temporary fixes I can do to stop it dumping water every morning??

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Good spot - actually, it's the isolation valve on the other side which is also leaking.

@fezster sorry to dig up old topic.

I have exactly the same problem with my Boilermag isolation valve. It also leaks first thing in the day, also one of the valves doesn’t shut off, so I can’t even remove the filter for cleaning.
Did you get a solution? Maybe I need to buy a whole new Boilermag, but it’s only 4 years old.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back