Bolier advice please re: hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing my boiler while extending my house. Simultaneous hot water draw off from multiple points (eg 2 showrs going at the same time)is a priority. The extended house will have a main bathroom and two en-suites. My mains water flow rate is approx 20 L per minute (don't know the pressure). A coupl;e of potential systems I've looked at include system stores such as the Glow-worm Ultrapower 170SXI , Ideal Istor HE325 or Potterton Powermax HE150. My other main option appears to be a regular boiler + megaflo or similar. Any thoughts/advice on which way to go ?

Sponsored Links
Simultaneous hot water draw off from multiple points (eg 2 showrs going at the same time)is a priority. The extended house will have a main bathroom and two en-suites. My mains water flow rate is approx 20 L per minute

Mains supply is marginal at best for your requirements. Why not look at an open vented cylinder with a whole of house pump giving 20L per minute hot and cold?

Should have said in my OP - space is a bit tight. I live in a bungalow and the loft area is taken up with 2 bedrooms. Obne of the propsed en-suites and the main bathroom wiil be "upsatirs"

Although on paper all three you listed sound good, all three of these manufactuers are very unreliable.

Look at the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 937, Alpha CD50 (I think it is) or one of the Worcester big powerful combis.

Failing that go with an unvented cylinder, but again avoid the Megaflo if possible.

Sponsored Links
I have put in worcesters 35 cdi greenstar to feed two showers simultaneously and provided your mains is big enough, they run fine.

Thanks for the advice. Did a bit more research and came across the Worcester Highflow 440. Seems this should fit the bill nicely. Anyone had experience of this particluar boiler?

Also would welcome any alternative megalo type manufacturers to consider if I go down that route.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back