CH works, but no hot water to taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch greenstar boiler and a megaflo. The pipe out of the very top of the megaflo is hot, indicating the megaflo is working, but hot water doesn't get to the taps.

However when I decrease the pressure from the street, by reducing the pressure dramatically on the main tap then hot water flows.

NOTE: If I open all the taps in the house, when the pressure is higher then i can also get hot water.
NOTE 2: 3 months (in late autumn) after the whole system was comissioned - 100% new pipes, boiler and megaflo. the hot water stopped coming out of the shower at the top of my house, and will only come hot if another hot tap is on.
So to me it seems as if cold water is getting into the hot water pipes.
All the taps in the house are mixer taps. Is one of these faulty?
Do the hot and cold water pipes actually ever meet anywhere, or are they on different systems and only meet at the megaflow/boiler?

Any help would be great thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back