Bonaire 4000 evaporative cooler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not to sure if this is in the right section , but hopefully it is , as it concerns plumbing :)

I have a Bonaire 4000 cooler sitting on my roof that has been installed for a few years and has always had the pads changed and cleaned as recommended prior to summer .

I have noticed lately that a lot of water seems to go out of the overflow (dump) pipe , and living in a very dry continent where we are now experiencing a draught I have redirected the pipe back into the cooler sump , instead of wasting water . Now is that valve arrangement pretty straight forward , seems there is one pipe (roughly) 1inch diameter coming up from the pump to this plastic valve arrangement with 4 tubes going to each pad and the other pipe goes out to the drain . Is there any way this could mal function ? as I have never noticed the amount of water coming out of it previosly, and it wasnt really me that noticed , it was my wife drawing my attention to it :)

Is there anyone with knowledge of these things in this forum , you may not even have these in the UK .

I am aware that the dump valve is there to supposedly keep the pads clean of salt and to exaust imputiries in the water, but in the hope of saving water I hope I am doing the right thing :)

Sponsored Links
These are very energy efficient coolers compared with the more usual electric heat pump. But they do consume water!

I first encountered an eveporative cooler in a cheap hotel in Israel. I was impressed by the efficiency for a small energy consumption.

Usually they would have a water level set by a float valve and an overflow. However I am not familiar with your particular model and how it operates. If it has a float valve is that correctly set?

You may have to ask the local Agents as we dont have them in the cold UK yet. Aircon is the fastest growing market here as global warming gives us 30° summer days which makes us feel too hot!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back