Lukewarm Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was hoping someone could offer some advice.

All of our Radiators are lukewarm, bit cooler at the bottom and a bit warmer at the top.

I have tried bleeding the radiators but clearish water comes out so there can't be air in there.

The pressure gage on the boiler is ok, it's on 2.

My hubby is going to flush out the system this weekend in case it's sludge.

My question is regarding the in and out flow, some of the radiators have one pipe in the top and one in the bottom. Whereas others have both pipes plumbed to the bottom.
Could this affect the flow in any way?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
shouldnt affect flow tbh. have you checked the boiler stat isnt set too low. need 1/2 way to max at least.

Sponsored Links
First off what sort of boiler is it, is there a dial on the front of the boiler for adjusting the central heating water temperature and what is that set to?

I think it's a Vizo Condensing Combi Boiler VIZO24 White.

There are just 2 dials, one is the timer and the other is the pressure 1-4.

Thanks

Looked at the B&Q website and there seem to be three smaller knobs in between the dials. The one in the middle with a radiator icon above it will be the CH water temp adjustment.

Ah yes, I know what you mean now.
It's over 3 quarters to the right, almost on full.

Difficult to say but I'd have thought that setting would be high enough.

Does the water in any of the pipes going into one or all of the radiators feel very hot? If some are really hot there is likely a problem with insufficient flow around the system which could be any combination of faulty pump / radiator balancing / blockage.

If none of these pipes whatsoever feel hot check the pipes close to the boiler itself.

The boiler is practically new.

Will get hubby to check the pipes and flush out the system and balance the radiators.

Then we'll see what happens.

Thanks for all your help.

airlocked pump would give overheat and noise issues at the pump... this seems more boiler fault related to me.

don't do anything yourself as that could well void the waranty; just get the installer back to solve the problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back