central heating radiator lukewarm, cooler at bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a baxi e80 combi boiler. My downstairs living room radiator wasn't heating at the bottom, thought it might be sludge, so I replaced it today with a new double radiator.
But, it is still the same ,it's just lukewarm and is cooler at the bottom than the top.
Does anyone have any idea what this problem could be? Its so annoying!!
Thanks for any suggestions

Sponsored Links
i think you've got low flow rate through the rads. might need a more potent pump.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks for all your tips. Got the gas board out again, they've never been able to fix this before. Its been like this since last year.He started on about needing a power flush again and I told him I didnt think so and that someone had mentioned balancing the radiators.
He tried this eventually, and at first it wasnt working, then suddenly it just all kicked in. And , instead of taking heat away from the other rads, they all started working even hotter!
Now all my rads are red hot and my water is hotter than before too.So a big thank you to Gasguru who mentioned this in the first place as I dont think the British gas engineer would have ever tried it!
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back