lukewarm radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if somebody could help me out on this. When we are turning on the central heating our radiators only go lukewarm (bottom gets hot but top not). After a while (1 or 2 hours) being on all the radiators get cold and do not warm up for the rest of the evening. That way the house stays pretty cold as it doesn't get a chance to heat up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Cold tops classically mean the radiator(s) need bleeding. Tried that? System may need bleeding in the airing cupboard depending on your system, could be your pump has packed up. Conventional boiler or combi?
More info on your bits, please!

ChrisR said:
Cold tops classically mean the radiator(s) need bleeding. Tried that? System may need bleeding in the airing cupboard depending on your system, could be your pump has packed up. Conventional boiler or combi?
More info on your bits, please!

Hi Chris
Thanks a lot for your reply. We moved into this house only in Januar so unfortunately we haven't got a lot of history. All I can say is that it is a conventional boiler, branch Worcester Delglo2. When we switch on central heating you can hear it firing up and the water is running through. The radiators are getting warm quickly. If you check the radiators again 2 hours later they are cold, the upstairs one even colder then the downstairs one. So would bleeding be the best solution? Can you give us some hints on how to do that?

Cheers
Florence

Sponsored Links
Are the radiators cold because the house has reached the temperature when the room thermostat switches the boiler and pupm off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back