Borders, Grass and Drainage

Thanks I will have a look on Google and see what I will find. I will have a look at what it looks like when it all arrives and put a shovel full of each into the wheel barrow and mix and see what it looks like and go from there adding a bit more of each until it reaches a dry sand kind of mix...

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Quick update I have the sharp sand and the top soil is coming tomorrow. As it rained quite heavily yesterday I took the opportunity to aerate the front garden today so that tomorrow I can do the top dressing. I now have an idea of what it should look like so hopefully I will be good to go tomorrow on the front. I will also be putting down a lot of seed before top dressing goes on to get some more growth as the front has had a lot of thatch. I have cleared all that before though so its just growing back better now so hopefully this will make the front look even better! :) well much more green anyway.

I went over the plugs with the lawn mower however it seemed to kill the motor so I think it was to do with the clay dust blocking the vents so I have cleaned it all up and will see how it is tomorrow. If its still dead then a new mower it is!

Thanks

James

All,

I have shifted 500Kg of top soil and sharp sand and put it over the lawns on both the front and the back as well as seeded both. I have also fertilized the lawn before hand too so it should be good when its all sorted. I used a 50/50 mix as I found this was a sandy consistency when adding more it was just sand so I had to add more top soil. S all ready for the rain tonight / tomorrow which will help germinate and move the sand around :)

On another note we got a small bamboo border for the front which fit perfectly however there is about 3 inches of concrete coming in from the pavement on the sides of the half moon which I have made where we have a small tree and a couple of plants. Does anyone know what I can do to stop the grass growing into this area? I would like to have some form of border if its possible but I am not sure how I can do this as it is around 2 cm deep and then you hit concrete.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back