Bosch 1400 Exxel not spinning on wash cycle?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Our washing machine doesn't seem to want to do a spin when it's part of a wash cycle.

It counts the time down correctly, goes through a wash but skips the spin cycle (which usually happens between 11 min left and 1 min left), at 1 minute left it just sits there moving the drum side to side as though doing a wash.

Oddly, if the machine is put on a spin cycle on its own, it works fine...

Any ideas on what might cause it? I'm assuming the pump, brushes etc are okay as it can actually do a spin, just not when it is part of a programme, so a PCB type fault?

Sponsored Links
No ideas guys? It just seems to sporadically not get past the wash cycle...

My wife has noticed some bits on the washing as well, which she is convinced started to appear at the same time. I've had the pump cover off at the front and there's nothing in there... seems unconnected to the original fault to me...

out of balance load ie bath mat big towels etc .

Sponsored Links
After doing a bit of digging, I'm not certain (yet) that the element is working.

I took the front off and disconnected all the cables, tested it with my meter and it reads about 33 ohms (which I believe to be about right).

But, on a 90 degree wash, after stopping the cycle at the 15 and 30 minutes stage, then draining (without a rinse), the drum feels cold still - that said I don't know when exactly the machine is supposed to start getting hot, so that's a bit trial and error.

I'm loathe to order an element @ £58 only to find it isn't that, as it's nearly 20% of the price of a new machine. We've had a good five years or so out of this one, so i don't want to start just swapping bits here and there until i find the problem.

Anyone have any further thoughts as to how I can narrow it down?

My wife swears that she did a 90 degree wash a few days ago and it felt warm afterwards...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back