Bosch Classixx 6 1400 Express washing machine stopped in the middle of wash cycle.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son rang me a few mins ago to tell me that his Bosch Classixx 6 1400 Express washing machine had stopped in the middle of a cycle.

Around the same time, the main consumer board tripped and I'm guessing this is connected. It may have been that an internal fault within the machine caused it to trip or with the power failure (which has never happened before), a fault was caused.

The situation now is that the machine has power but will not continue in its wash cycle.

I'm going tomorrow morning to take a look at it but am just wondering if there's anything obvious or if these machines have a habit of doing this?

Sponsored Links
The heater element is always favourite for causing RCD's to trip. Disconnect & insulate the wires & try a cycle, if it does not trip then replace the element.

Put it onto a rinse and spin cycle to empty it, then start it again, and see where in the cycle it stops.

I've got it home now but it's so heavy d to wait for a lift from the car. Hoping to dismantle it Monday but I can see the logic in thinking it might be the heater. Will report back.

Sponsored Links
Well, I got the heater element removed and inspected it but it looks just fine.

I tested it with a multi meter and there is a resistance of around just 26 Ohms. I'd expected an open circuit but this was not the case.

Not sure where to go from here.

Attachments

• IMG_20170206_200851.jpg
    IMG_20170206_200851.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 287
Does this look right for the brushes and commutator? I'd have expected them to appear polished.
Motor.jpg

I removed the PCB and immediately could see signs of heat damage around a couple of the resistors.Thanks for
Pcb.jpg
help, looks like the drum will become a planter for herbs now.

The problem with elements causing RCD to trip is because the internal heater shorts to the outer casing not because they go open circuit. This usually happens when the insulation breaks down under load so testing with a multi meter is no good, you would need an insulation tester. There is still a possibility that is the fault as I cannot see any burning in your pic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back