Bosch Classixx 7 washing machine starts and ...stops.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello !

I am the owner of a Bosch Classixx 7 Vario Perfect (ref: WAE24368GB) washing machine that got a bit temperamental lately o_O and I hope you can help me to fix it.

Here are the symptoms: at the start of a wash program, the drum behaves normally. It spins normally for about 10 seconds and then stops for 10 seconds as it should. It then starts to turn for a few seconds and then suddenly accelerates for about a second and stops. In the next cycle, the period in which the drum is rotating normally further reduces, the motor going earlier into its sudden acceleration phase. After a few minutes into the program, the motor only runs normally for about a second, accelerates suddenly and then stops.

When listening to the relay clicking, the sequence of even is the following:

Relay click => motor rotate normally => motor suddenly accelerate => relay clicks

This suggests that there is an overcurrent mechanism that triggers and switch of the motor supply with the relay.

Here is what I checked so far:
- Motor brushed are fine: still very long and nicely cut
- Armature winding is fine (measured between the two connector pins)
- Stator winding is fine (measured between the connector pins)
- Position sensor is not in short circuit (reading 23ohm when motor stator doesn’t turn) but I was unable to check anything else about it
- A visual inspection of the power board and control board didn’t identify any damaged component

Any idea?

Thank in advance for your help :).

Sponsored Links
Hi JJ

Thanks for answering.

It does take water in, no problem.
As for heating it up, I am pretty sure it does but I will double check tonight.

Hello again JJ

Just did a 90C wash and I can confirm that the machine does heat up the water.

Sponsored Links
Did it complete the programme? If so I am not sure what the problem is that you have.

I tried with the 40C program and yes, it did complete it (laundry was not great because of the lack of spinning though).
I checked more thoroughly the speed sensor in the motor yesterday and all my DMM reading were fine: it is most likely a functioning sensor.

Sorry but I am still a bit confused about why you are focussing on the various motor turn cycles, if you are having problems with the machine not spinning properly then what speed does the programme select? Have you got an unbalanced load? Does it go through a spin cycle properly? Can you select different speeds for the spin cycle & do the clothes dry satisfactorily when spun separately after a wash cycle at a faster speed than the wash programme uses.

Hello JJ

Sorry, I might not have used the right terminology:(. Let's start again: whatever the program, the drum only rotates properly (at low speed as it is the wash part of the program) for a few minutes. After this period of time it goes into very brief acceleration phase (which it should not do at that stage of the program) and stops. It will rotate again a few seconds later as the timer kicks it in but will go into the same phase: a few normal rotation => short lived acceleration => stops rotating. It seems to me that in the power PCB one of the component is getting hot (the triac?) and put too much current into the armature of the motor. The controller then detect an over current and switch of the relay. But I am not too sure how I can prove this theory...

But I am not too sure how I can prove this theory...
I don't either & I doubt anyone else will unfortunately. When the machine stops do you get an error code or indicator lights flashing or staying on?

No, unfortunately: the display keeps showing the remaining time and the program keeps on going as if everything was working fine.

I would have thought it has to be a faulty control board but I may be wrong, sorry there is nothing else I can suggest other than calling bosch service dept., they may do a fixed price deal (parts & labour )

Hi JJ

For the record, it was the triac that drives the excitation coil of the motor. I desoldered it from the control board, replace it by a new one (£1.25 from RS ) and now the machine is back to its fully functional self!

Thanks again for spending time looking at this issue! (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back