Bosch Classixx6 1400 washes but does not spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new to this forum but from what I've seen looks great.
'Bosch Classixx6 1400 express' machine is washing ok but stays at slow rpm for the spin cycle. I have tried just spin cycle only and again stays at slow revs.
- I have fixed a few various makes of m/c in in the past so am willing to try any checks mentioned. I have seen a lot on the forums about brushes but would it spin during a normal wash cycle if the brushes were worn out? The m/c is about 18months old and used 2-3 times per weak. Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
the only way is to check the brushes. they might be jammed in the holders.

I checked the Brushes and they looked ok - but the motor seems ok at low revs anyway - I spoke to a friend who had a similar problem and he said it sounds like a sensor stopping the machine going into fast spin, could be the water level sensor. so pulled the black rubber tube from the sensor switch top RHS of machine and blew that out also shook the sensor and blew that out re-connected tube and clipped sensor to position, run machine and hey presto all seems fine - for how long I dont know but definately did the trick.. would be interested to know more about how this sensor switch works ...

Sponsored Links
The sensor is just a pressure switch (diaphragm pressing on a micro switch usually)

at the bottom of the rubber pipe is usually a chamber connected to the bottom of the drum, as the water fills the machine air is forced from the drum into the chamber where it is then compressed and pressurises the pipe. When the pressure reaches a set amount it overcomes the resisitance of the diaphragm and causes it to activate the micro switch.

Common causes of this failing are people using low temp washes only as they leave sludge in the machine which blocks the pressure chamber entrance, preventing a pressure build up.

Sometimes this manifests itself as not allowing the machine to spin when empty, others as spinning when still full of water, more common though is the machine not stopping filling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back