BOSCH DISHWASHER. Do I have a problem or is it imagination?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch dishwasher. (ENR No: SGS4012 GB/14). It is about 8 years old and appears to be working perfectly. However I can hear the inlet valve switching on and off about 16 times at the start of each fill. That's 50 times every wash. I suspect this is a fault but the answer from Bosch is
"That is not unusual on older machines. As the water is pumped through the spray arms the level drops and so the level is topped up. Modern
appliances will not do that."

I accepted this, but having tested it without the spray arms makes no difference.
Can anyone confirm the Bosch statement that this is usual, or should I be getting an engineer to fix it before the inlet valve packs in.
I guess it would not be a cheap visit.

Thanks,

Norsey

Sponsored Links
I'm BLINKIN' USELESS. I'm trying to remove the lh side panel. 2 screws at front but something else is stopping it coming off. Not sure what will still be holding it? You guys must do this every day.

it helps if the top lid is removed first ,side panel just clipped in at the back .

Sponsored Links
Thanks Rocks, If you are still there, and not gone down to the beach!
As I have to do lots of moving things to disconnect the pipes before I start, is it easy to take the top off?

Thanks

oh yes easy 2 spring clips just push in and slide .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back