Bosch Dishwasher - Help me diagnose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a SGS43E08GB/45 Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher type S9G1B.

The other day my other half said it went bang. A medium sized bang like a hand clap. This was during a cycle sometime.
Now when we turn it on, the LCD still gets power and functions but when we select a program it only runs the drain part for the first 20 seconds or so, and then nothing.... the numbers count down until they get from 130 to 124 then on 124 for some reason it drains again and then nothing.

Things I tried...

- Noticing that it did not fill, I bought an inlet valve in case it was that not functioning and opening to let water in. It made no difference.

- I then tested the inlet valve and noticed it was not getting 240v supply after the drain part, which is when I assume it would be called to open to allow if to fill.

- The drain pump works fine.

- If I pour water into the machine manually with a bucket up to a point where I assume it's about as full as it should be, and then shut the door, it immediately runs the circulation pump and sprays water out the arms and starts washing. Not sure it should do that, but it proves the circulation pump works ok.

- The impeller in the circ pump in the sump is not blocked or impeded. Water supply is fine and not blocked.

- The mains suppressor was replaced 2 years ago when it blew in a big way leaving scorch marks by the mains power lead. This all looks fine and healthy, plus before when it blew, the thing would not turn on after, so pretty sure it's not this.

- I took apart the door and checked the main control board. It does smell a little bit but can't tell if it's a prior burn smell, or just all the components and plastic stuff inside it. It smelt more after I was mucking about with it and it actually just had power going through it. I checked the PCB for scorch marks and I can see one tiny one between two prongs, but it's very faint and can't tell if it was there from manufacture stage or if it was a fault.

- The float switch is not faulty. If I manually raise the arm to activate the switch, it makes the machine start pumping which I would assume means this is working correctly.

Do I need to hold my hands up and say....control board fault? (which writes off the machine). Or could it still be something else?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back