Bosch dishwasher not emptying, no pump cover in sump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved in to a house with a Bosch dishwasher so no idea how old it is.
The drain is blocked somewhere - after 5 of running minutes you can hear water splashing and opening the door the bottom is full of water.
All the videos for unblocking a Bosch on YouTube show you to remove a little plastic cover in the sump to access the pump impeller so you can unblock it, but this cover doesn't exist in my appliances (unless I'm being very stupid!).
It's a Bosch Exxcel slimline dishwasher, model number SRS46A02GB/08.

Any idea how I get access to something to unblock it?

Sponsored Links
No, but post some photos and somebody may recognise it.

Why do you think there is a blockage?

If you pull the waste hose out of the drain, and lower it slowly into a basin, the water will drain out as soon as the hose is nearly flat, and lower than the water level in the cabinet.

Was the machine laid over (on its back) when transported? Could the drain motor cover have shock out and is now blocking the pump from working? Does the machine have a display? Any (error) code?

Machine wasn't moved so nothing should have been dislodged - the previous owners left it installed.
There is a simple screen to count down the time left, but no error code.
It didn't stop working - I put it on and after 5-10 minutes I thought it was sounding a bit odd so opened the door and the bottom was basically full of water if I'd left it any more it would definitely have been all over the floor. I emptied the water including sponging out the last bit in the bottom of the sump, but it keeps flowing back into the sump again.

Could be a broken pump rather than a blockage I suppose. How do I get to it? Front panel below the door?

Sponsored Links
We have a Bosch. Not long after we moved in I was clearing some food waste out of the drain and accidentally dislodged the pump cover. After that it wouldn’t drain properly and I read online that the pump cover needs to be securely fixed in place for it to drain, so I pushed it in tightly and never had any issues.

I suspect if yours isn’t draining properly it’s because the cover is missing so you may need to either find the missing cover or try to get a replacement.

It didn't stop working - I put it on and after 5-10 minutes I thought it was sounding a bit odd so opened the door and the bottom was basically full of water if I'd left it any more it would definitely have been all over the floor.

The inside, bottom of dishwashers, do fill with water in normal use. If it really is getting close to overflowing, then perhaps it's a water level sensor issue.

The pump impellor cover is in the sump held in with a torx 20 screw. If the covers not there ie the impellor is visible it will not drain.

Thanks assuhors - I decided to start undoing things and got that cover off - cleaned out the impeller and it's all fine now. Thanks for your help everyone!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back