Bosch dishwasher (rant)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our dishwasher recently stopped working because it wouldn't fill. The tray was flooded and so the flood switch had tripped.

I cleaned the gunge out of the pipework around the level & flood switches and took the water out of the tray. It worked again for a while but it was still filling up. Below the door there is a U shaped channel which was filling up. I cleaned up the seals, the channel now drained back into the machine properly but to no avail.

I could see weepage but not the source of the quantity of water getting in.

About a month ago I replaced the inlet hose. Given the time interval before the problem started it didn't seem to relate. But eventually I noticed a drip.

Then I noticed something that astounds me. When the inlet connector leaks it is deliberately designed to drain into the tray. So instead of letting it go over the floor (which happens eventually anyway) and making the problem immediately and clearly obvious, it purposely makes the machine fail.

So this is my rant. First, if it is a designed in feature (for whatever reason I cannot fathom), then why does the machine not have a bilge pump? Second, this ultimately trivial problem would make most people call for service at unnecessary expense. It might even cause some people to think that it is not worth getting a call out and to replace a perfectly serviceable machine.

I have now blocked that particular hole and drilled a new hole in the tray to let any out.

Rant over.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back