Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher 'check water' only works by tilting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher SGS46E22GB/01. It's about 5 years old. It's been in storage for 14 months (clean, dry, temp controlled).

When it's switched on there is the sound of a pump running, then after 2 mins or so the 'check water' light comes on. I can get the washer to start by tilting it backwards a few cm. When I do so there is a faint click then the sound of rushing water and gurgling. Often (but not always) some water leaks from the bottom of the machine during or after a completed wash.

I'm guessing that some sensor/switch is faulty. I have no guesses about how to open this thing up and check :D

I'd be most appreciative of any info or advice.

Cheers!
James

Sponsored Links
The drain pump should run for a short while before it lets water in, this is normal. If you get a "check water" light immediately after the drain phase then either the inlet valve is jammed or it isn't receiving voltage via the pcb. You can easily check the inlet valve by hot-wiring it. Or connect a multimeter to the valve terminals & check if it gets 240v after the drain phase is completed.
As for the leak...this winter I changed so many popped inlet valves I lost count, even in installations where customers said it never got cold enough to freeze. When a dishwasher isn't used for an extended period the wash motor seals can also stick, or get damaged when it is taken back into use. This is a common site for leakage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back