Bosch Exxcel Washer spin cycle stops after minute

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bosch Exxcel WFO2064GB Front Load Washer

On a wash cycle the MC gets to the spin cycle, the pump drains, the drum rotates back and forth a few times at a slow speed for about a minute, then the MC stops and the timer sets itself to 0:00 (no error codes).
I have replaced the brushes, cleaned out the drain pipes thoroughly.
After some reading, this could be related to the speed/loading control on the motor (this manages load balancing in the drum before spin up), would that seem a good place to look, I am being told to take the motor to someone who can test the load/speed sensor by putting the motor on a bench and measuring the resistance ... would I be correct in this diagnosis - or are their any other avenues to look up.
Could I measure the resistances with a meter myself with the motor still in the machine ? and can anyone direct me with what values and contacts to measure from on the motor.

Sponsored Links
I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer given earlier, this thread resolved the issue:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=220650

The angle on the new brushes was indeed too steep, and only part of the brush was in contact, these were cheap copies, not original brushes, so not sure if that was a reason
Only difference with above solution was I couldn't get a strip of emery paper in place on the commutator to file away (casing seemed to restrictive), so I wrapped a bit of emery around some 20mm plastic conduit and filed by hand, which was a bit hit and miss, but worked first time after I'd filed a bit - trying to create a concave (although not a lot) shape on the head of the brush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back