BOSCH SGV53E33GB Dishwasher - fills/empties/fills/empties...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again folks -
My BOSCH SGV53E33GB dishwasher is just under two years old and is used about once a week.
It's just developed a fault whereby, as soon as a wash programme is activated, it continually cycles filling with water, then pumping it all out, then filling again, then pumping it all out over and over again every 20-30 seconds.
The "check water supply" light is lit, but water is definitely entering the machine. I've checked hose filters and the main dishwasher outlet filter in the bed of the machine and all is clear.
I've tried resetting the machine (by holding down two of the wash cycle buttons, as per the instructions) and the "check water supply" light goes off, but then comes on again when the machine is next run (and the fill/empty cylce starts up again).
I've tried turning the machine off at the mains.
I've tried different wash and pre-wash cycles.
If I open the door once the machine has filled and just before it starts to empty, I can lift the float by hand to 'manually' engage the electric pump and empty the machine (even with the door open, which I thought was weird).

The machine seems to fill as normal, so I do not believe there is a problem with the supply. I'm guessing the float in the bed of the machine tells the machine to stop filling with water, but instead of just turning off the water supply and starting the wash cycle, something is telling the machine to empty out. Once a certain amout of water is pumped out, it starts filling again and the whole cycle repeats.

I hope that all makes sense - I know very little about plumbing and even less about dishwashers..!

Any suggestions would be very much apppreciated.
Thanks in anticipation! :D

Sponsored Links
If the machine overfills or thinks it's overfull it will pump out. Take off left hand side of machine and put it on a wash cycle. The water will come onto the regeneration chamber, come out at the bottom right of chamber through a grey hose. If this hose is partially blocked, water will "back up" and trip the overfill switch causing the machine to pump out. Take off the end of the hose you can see and clean with bottle brush, you may not see a lot come out but it will get washed into tank when you test it.

Good luck

Colin

All Bosch have 2 year gtee call them for a free repair.

Sponsored Links
Just try rocks1 advice, if it's under warranty it would be best not to try anything!

Colin

Quick update:
By time I'd tracked down the receipt and managed to get hold of Bosch I was five days beyond the two-year warranty period. To Bosch's eternal credit they still agreed to action the repair FOC, and are sending an engineer out next week.

Many thanks again for the reminder about the two-year warranty, rocks1. You saved me no end of hassle and a wedge of cash..!
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back