Bosch SHP65T52UC not starting, display stuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all interested,
The dish washer works great, but this problem has come up a few times, and I have gotten past it each time up until now by some series of button-presses (it took awhile each time and ibdont know exactly the series of presses).
The problem is that the display will only flash the"auto" button, 2:30 on the display, and the"sanitize" button. It will not respond to regular button presses - only 2 different presses: On/off will turn it on and off; and holding any button, besides start, while it is off and then pressing "on/off" will display "P0"(or "PO" -not sure) , and the "express" button will stay lit, while the "rinse" button will blink - and it will stay this way after the door is closed.

The action that causes this problem is selecting a cycle and closing the door without first pressing the start button.
*this model has hidden controls*

Thank you in advance for your help!

P.S. a hard reset doesn't work ( unplugging the machine for 15 min), and neither does the reset feature (holding the start button for 3 sec.)

boschio

Sponsored Links
Hi Boschio -

Our brand new dishwasher is doing this very same thing. Did you get yours fixed?

The issue was that the start button was broken when w bought it. I don't think I mentioned it in the original post but the start button never felt like the other buttons ( they click and spring back up, while the start button sticks in the pressed position and does not click); I just thought that was normal because it was brand new.
It's still under warranty so we had a technician come out and he has ordered the new part.
The issue with the start button being broken is that it sticks in the pressed position and pretty much freezes up the machine...

So before it is fixed, it will work by prying up the start button with a razor blade. It is difficult to do this without any cosmic damage, but our panel is being replaced since the technician couldn't order only a start button.

The procedure goes something like this for my situation (note this is the 500 series with hidden controls):
Load the unit; add detergent; with the door open press the power button to turn unit on and the display will be blinking; if it allows you to select a cycle (sometimes ours allows), do so, if not pry up the start button, and you should be able to select the cycle; then press the start button, and it will stick in the pressed position, so you have to pry it up in 3 seconds or less, or it will go into reset mode (you will know because the display will read something like :01), in which you close the door and it takes 1 minute for the unit to go through the reset procedure, and then you have to start over (the detergent will still be on the resovoir); if you pry up the start button within 3 seconds, the display will stop blinking and the unit will function after you shut the door.

Hope this helps!
Jake

Worth checking out:
www.FalunDafa.org
www.Faluninfo.net

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back