Bosch Washer brush replacement tripping RCD?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced the carbon brushes in my washer today, pretty straightforward and simple swap

I tried the machine, and it was working fine (original problem fixed) but 1 hour into the first wash it tripped the RCD!

First I suspected the spring clip holding the brush had come out and shorted, but everything was fine, the only observation was the motor was quite hot!

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
if you are lucky it was just the black carbon dust, which is conductive, on electrical parts or in the motor. Most of it will come off with a clean, soft, dry paintbrush. Use a vacuum cleaner hose to suck away the dust you disturb

you can remove residue with the tip of the brush, dampened

the one hour delay suggests it might have been starting a spin and pump out

if you are lucky it was just the black carbon dust, which is conductive, on electrical parts or in the motor. Most of it will come off with a clean, soft, dry paintbrush. Use a vacuum cleaner hose to suck away the dust you disturb

you can remove residue with the tip of the brush, dampened

the one hour delay suggests it might have been starting a spin and pump out
I reckon it had just gone onto the rinse cycle as the conditioner was still in the tray, which I think starts with a short spin

I have removed the new brushes and they are aftermarket replacements and to be honest seemed poor quality, one didn’t move to well on the spring when inserted

So I’m going to try again tomorrow with some genuine Bosch Brushes!

Sponsored Links
How warm should the motor get?

I've never felt one that's just been running before!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back