Bosch washing machine does not want to finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone offer any suggestions we have a bosch washing machine about 5 years old ss1xx 1200 express. Machine goes through wash but when it should finish its just carries on and starts another cycle. This was on a 40degree wash it should have taken 70 mins but was still running after 140 mins. Also noticed it had not taken softener. Thanks for reading this

Regards Paul

Sponsored Links
Check the heater element resistance & make sure the connections/cables to it are in place. The element should measure 25 - 30 ohms. When a washer keeps washing into infinity it usually points to a heater issue.

Thanks for your reply zipper, I checked heater to find it was open circuit so i removed it, just for curiosity i checked it again only to find I had 25 ohms. It was definitely open circuit when it was in the drum so i can only think their is a dodgy connection inside and with me banging the nut it has made again. I will get a new heater as soon as possible and hope all is well.Thanks again for help

Regards Paul

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Zipper new heater and ntc fitted now have a happy wife great advice.

regards paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back