Bosh RD 532 Combi - no hot water no heating!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi really need advice with this please!

I have a bosch RD 532 combi boiler. The CH and hot water are not working. The boiler is around 4 years old and i\\\'ve never had any problems before. The pressure gauge is on 2. The digital display is reading numbers between 15 and 20. It usually reads anything between 25 and 50. I assume this is the temperature of the water flow??

After a while the display flashes C1which it has never done before. I have tried using the reset button but it doesnt help.

Any ideas of how to sort this or what the problem is would be greatly appreciated. I wont be working on the boiler myself but would like to know before calling an engineer.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Do you have the user manual? What does it say about fault code C1?

Yes I have the manual but it doesn't say anything about fault codes which is very strange. When I press and hold the reset button it displays FO or FD?

Yesterday I did notice the pressure gauge had gone down but I sorted that.

Also the burner light isn't illuminated which I assume means the burner is off. If thats the case I have no idea how to re-ignite it.

Sponsored Links
probably overtheated. Maybe you should call a boiler man!

Just found the codes in the manual.

C1 means fan speed to low. FO means an internal error, possibly need to replace the pcb. FD means the reset button has been pressed by mistake.

Looks like I need a boiler man out! This aint what you need on a Sunday! :cry:

Yes. You need a boiler engineer.

You'd be well advised, to make sure that whoever you call is CORGI registered and that they bring with them proof of such.

Bahco said:
It was around £180 :(
It's a mistake to ask for price information on the forum.

It's a bigger mistake to give it.

the fan may just be full of water and need drying out, seen this a few times now.

the FO code could mean its the pcb not sending power to the fan hence low fan speed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back