Bottom row of bath tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When tiling around a bath is it normal practice to fix the second row of tiles first (from batten) then when dry remove the batten and fix the bottom row?

The reason i ask is because i was wondering what you use to prevent the bottom tiles slipping down before the adhesive has dried.

Sponsored Links
When tiling around a bath is it normal practice to fix the second row of tiles first (from batten) then when dry remove the batten and fix the bottom row?
Some do, some don't.

The reason i ask is because i was wondering what you use to prevent the bottom tiles slipping down before the adhesive has dried.
Er, the same thing(s) that you would use to stop them slipping down in any other scenario. I don't understand why you think that a batten is a solution to that problem. :confused:

Er, the same thing(s) that you would use to stop them slipping down in any other scenario. I don't understand why you think that a batten is a solution to that problem. :confused:
I don't think you understand the question.

When the tiles above the batten have dried i will remove the batten and then fix the bottom course of tiles that butt up to the bath rim.

The rim of a bath is not as true and straight as a fixed batten therefore i doubt i can just rely on spacers to prevent the bottom tiles from slipping down and touching the bath before they have dried.

the same thing(s) that you would use to stop them slipping down in any other scenario.
So what are those "same things" ??

I don't think you understand the question.
I don't think you understand the answer.

The rim of a bath is not as true and straight as a fixed batten therefore i doubt i can just rely on spacers to prevent the bottom tiles from slipping down and touching the bath before they have dried.
Agreed. You'll have to use a variety of spacers, bits of card, bits of wood, and other household objects.

the same thing(s) that you would use to stop them slipping down in any other scenario.
So what are those "same things" ??
Please see above.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back