Bought a dishwasher, have an unidentified parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought a Bosch dishwasher yesterday:
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/househ...-full-size-dishwasher-white-13212957-pdt.html

and in with the pipes and baskets etc. was an item that doesn't appear in the instructions for either assembly/insatllation or use.

It is soft rubber, with a slotted edge as if it should be sliding on somewhere, but I can't find where! It's the same width as the machine and there is only one of them.

//media.diynot.com/15000_14463_77830_11146103_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/15000_14463_77830_11146103_thumb.jpg

I'm wondering if it is to do with if you were installing the appliance as a built-in rather than free standing one like I have.

The machine is working perfectly well with no leaks etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Could it be a worktop protector strip, which would be fixed below the front edge of the worktop to protect it from the warm, moist air that comes out when the door is opened?

I have a similar Bosch in the compact size I did not get the trim bit but there is an extra instruction sheet that seems to show something that looks like it clipping underneath to trim the bottom, then being trimmed to height when the dishwasher is fitted into a unit.

Any help?

Thanks, I had a dig through the packaging and found the leaflet you have. While it is a little terse (only pictures) it seems to suggest that the strip needs attaching to the washer before it is installed under a counter.

As I have mine free standing I think I'll leave it off and not worry about it.

Sponsored Links
Its a flexible skirt that seals between the appliance and the floor......stops all the crap from being brushed under there :p
John :)

That would explain the dried peas that I found under the old one.

So it's a pea-guard :)

Thanks all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back