Boy Of Six 'Floats Off In Hot Air Balloon'

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Rescue workers, who grabbed the object as it floated down to the ground, opened it and failed to find Falcon.Breaking News11:43pm UK, Thursday October 15, 2009
US Balloon Drama: Missing Boy Found Alive
A six-year-old boy who was feared to have floated away in a homemade helium balloon has been found alive, US police say.

Falcon Heene was discovered hiding in a box in the attic above the garage at the family's home in Fort Collins, Colorado.

The silver, flying saucer shaped balloon, which is about 20ft across, had drifted off after coming loose from its moorings - thought to be with Falcon inside.

The boy's brother said he saw the six-year-old climbing into the contraption before it became untethered.

The runaway balloon soared up to 7,000ft in the air and reached speeds of 25mph.

It drifted for miles across the Colorado skies before landing gently in the desert after slowly deflating.

Rescue workers, who grabbed the object as it floated down to the ground, opened it and failed to find Falcon.

Falcon Heene is the youngest child (Picture: ABC)

Speaking after Falcon was discovered at the family home, Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden said: "The boy's been there all the time.

"He's been hiding in a cardboard box in the attic above the garage.

"I don't want to make a conjecture, but this is not the first time when we have been involved in searching for some child.

That balloon was too small to lift any child, didn't that occur to anyone?

Happy to hear the lad was found safe.
I know the family must have been in some despair at the the time and not think straight maybe.
But if it had been a wee one of mine that had gone missing and wasn't absolutely sure he was on board the spaceship, even if they had been one speckle of doubt and he'd have been tucked away in a box in the attic for over an hour, I'm damn sure I'd have found him.
And another question is it possible for a six year old lad to be quiet for over an hour? :mad:

Just heard dad of a bit of TV freak and wanted on it AGAIN and this was a setup

should be charged with wasting police time

Been on the black stuff PBD? 'the family was in some disappear at the time' were they distressed as well. :LOL: :p

On news earlier dad said why didnt you come out when we called you.
Kid was heard to say something like you told me to stay hidden.
Looks like he will be right in the sh#te they had to close an airport etc etc

its amazing the police apparentley had carried out a detailed search of the house etc,AND they didnt find him?
amazing hidding place the dad thought up eh!!lol
i still think this was a wind up so the family(dad)got exposure for his ballon/spaceship,
but above all the little lad is safe and well???

Sponsored Links
Back