Brick brown staining and blistering on damp walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My internal house walls were recently damp proofed. The walls remain damp and need time to dry out. In the meantime I have painted the wall with a porous paint (Delux Trade SuperMatt paint). Most of the walls have painted well. However in some localised areas the walls have brown staining which seems to be from the brickwork behind. The brown staining is almost in the form of the outline of the bricks behind plaster. Can anyone suggest a method to remove this staining?

Also I've noticed very slight blistering of the paint. This is in different location to the staining. Again, any suggestions on how to deal with this would be great

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Seems like you are trying to paint it before it has dried out. The staining can be stopped with a stain block of by painting it with oil based undercoat, but this will seal it, which is what you dont want. Leave it long enough to dry out before painting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back