Brick path repair; brush dry or wet repoint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Our new place needed the mortar sorting on the brick path, mainly due to years of bad guttering and age. I've raked out the old stuff, and am planing on a 1:6 mix - but is it best to do it by doing a dry mix and brushing in, or should I mix it wet and do it the long way?

View media item 98494

Sponsored Links
Looks a nice path, not sure your answer, but if you use cement it can stain the bricks so be careful.

Get a mortar gun or just use sand and brush it in.

Cheers chaps. I've got a mortar gun, so I guess I should just do it that way to be safe. Be a real pain if the cement hung around on the top.

Sponsored Links
An extra thought is you can get brick cleaning acid to dissolve any accidental splashes. But I'm not sure if you'd use it on a wide area or just topically.

I've got some brick cleaner from the old place, which did work faily well with a bit of elbow grease. Hopefully it won't come to using it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back