Brick Paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m getting this area power washed on Monday. Once all the weeds and much are removed from the gaps, is there anything I can brush into them that will HELP stop weeds growing? I read about kiln sand but surely the next time it gets power washed the sand will just come out? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• A4D717B1-AC8C-43E8-B2DB-39881C2DA062.jpeg
    A4D717B1-AC8C-43E8-B2DB-39881C2DA062.jpeg
    670.9 KB · Views: 85
Sponsored Links
Kiln sand is what you need. Pressure wash, allow it to dry and then on a dry day brush kiln sand in.

Summer is the best time.

Trust me, any moisture makes the sand job and real pain. Once had a customer insist I did it with showers forecast. It rained and it was like brushing mud

Sponsored Links
Before you power wash it you should have watered it with a decent weedkiller first, (bit late now if it's getting done Monday), then when you jet wash it you could go gently around the joints, which wouldn't blast as much sand out.
Are you getting a compny in to do the power wash? Have you read their terms and conditions? Is there a disclaimer stating they are not responsible if the path becomes loose and uneven?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back