Bricking up vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In our hallway we have a vent to the outside. This was necessary when the house was built because of the type of boiler that was in there. With our new boiler the plumber said the vent is no longer necessary and we should close up the hole, which s good because it's freezing in the winter!

So how do I go about this? The gap is the size of two house bricks. Do I just brick it up on the outside and then but a little bit of plaster board on the inside?

I would like to have a go at this myself, but don't really have a clue as to where to start!

Sponsored Links
Your idea sounds fine. If there is a cavity, try to maintain it and/or insulate.
You mustn't get rain trickling in, and getting all the way through to your internal plaster.

Ask the gas fitters ...They are experts @ making good brickwork :rolleyes: :LOL: . Some of them have degrees, you know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back