Bristan Prism Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Called Bristan and was told that I would have to buy a new waste, as sealing washers are not available as spare parts.

Can anyone help.
Thanks in advance.

Doug.

Attachments

• Waste.jpg
    Waste.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 59
Sponsored Links
Not entirely sure, you could spend little bits of money that add up to the value of a pop up waste. Try Googling pop up waste washers, and perhaps go from there? Maybe someone experienced in these can offer better advice.

1. If the washers are still intact, trying cleaning / de-scaling them, re-assemble and tighten up the end nut more.
2. If the washers are missing / broken, get a new waste as Chris_W suggests.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, Chris/Oldbuffer, I didn't think they could be sourced, seeing as Bristan said they couldn't do it. My old waste leaked from where the washers are located, and the rod snapped where it lifts the plug, so I bought what I think is a new Bristan waste assembly from a private seller on eBay for £18.00, where the seller had only replaced the tap and the waste was going spare.

There is a rubber seat washer in the new waste (red arrow closest to the waste), but no washer for the other side of the ball. The ball fitted on the new rod is 12 mm in diameter, which is smaller than my broken rod, and the washers don't fit the new rod. Was wondering if this could be a pattern spare.

Found some new replacement rods and washers on eBay, will have to check the size will fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back