Britain’s pay gap standards are outdated

B

Bodd

Britain’s pay gap standards are outdated and threaten an equal future

https://www.cityam.com/britains-pay...men/amp/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=upday

Sent via @updayUK

Correct but the emphasise is on sex and only sex not on how important we all are that makes the world go round.

Oh we have short memories. It wasn't long ago all the ****s on the BBC and show biz in general were all praising the bin men the shelve stackers and the lorry drivers being such an important part of our society.

I've always known how important cleaner's and rubbish pickers are... The gender pay gap always seems to be about the high earners... . It's what makes a society work is what more out of wonk.

Sponsored Links
Britain’s pay gap standards are outdated and threaten an equal future

https://www.cityam.com/britains-pay...men/amp/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=upday

Sent via @updayUK

Correct but the emphasise is on sex and only sex not on how important we all are that makes the world go round.

Oh we have short memories. It wasn't long ago all the ****s on the BBC and show biz in general were all praising the bin men the shelve stackers and the lorry drivers being such an important part of our society.

I've always known how important cleaner's and rubbish pickers are... The gender pay gap always seems to be about the high earners... . It's what makes a society work is what more out of wonk.

So tell me what determines your wage? We live in a free market economy. Seems you are upset at that.

Not all jobs are paid according to demand for skills vs supply of skills. Many public sector jobs are over paid, particularly those elected posts.

Sponsored Links
The one big assumption that everyone fails to comprehend is that they assume the market operates efficiently and there are no asymmetries of information. Also wages are sticky so it takes time for market signals to work their way through.

It will still usually work better than any rule based approach.

Want more money, can you find better paid work?
want more employees, can you find cheaper employees?

Companies will always buy from the market until it gets so expensive, they need to grow their own skills.

The one big assumption that everyone fails to comprehend is that they assume the market operates efficiently and there are no asymmetries of information.
And that the higher up you move the more that your peers set your wages...

You scratch my back and all that!

Of course for most people they won't get that far because the old boys/girls network sees to it that the plebs stay in their place!

Being bitter, with a large chip on your shoulder and an attitude of its not me, its everyone else is much more likely to stop you from progressing upwards. The best jobs are, after all the ones we create ourselves.

Being bitter, with a large chip on your shoulder and an attitude of its not me, its everyone else is much more likely to stop you from progressing upwards. The best jobs are, after all the ones we create ourselves.
b ollox...

Care to tell us the percentage of MP's or higher levels of management who didn't receive a privileged education?

How does someone in general get right up through the 'system' without the right connections?

Have you ever heard of remuneration committees?

Oh and btw, I ain't bitter for myself...

I'm bitter about the ever widening gap in wealth and opportunities which is rapidly accelerating and affects the young in particular!

For many years I worked in a corporation that both female and male managers and engineers (not technicians). Firstly the the company dropped the management and salary streams for females and males. Didn't cause any issues as both genders were paid identically and salary increases was identical.
Then the company moved to a more 'flexible' pay structure for managers and engineers and the unions stuck their oars in the mix...
We then saw a return to differing rates of pay for the genders with the females getting pay rises of 3 to 7% higher than males (on the grounds of pay equality across salary bill). Following that the company then had serious issues with staff retention and dedication. Even the local union people where embarrassed by the (unions) PC stance as the union head office couldn't see the problem except they were losing make members.

I was glad to go when I changed careers. Being self employed is so much more satisfying and a lot less hassle.

I will say I don't have a problem with equal pay for equal work or grade - I worked in the USA for long periods see equal skills across the genders receiving equal respect and money. I just have an issue with 'accelerated ' pay to solve a paybill issue which means one gender reaches the top of the salary scale faster.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back