british gas 330+ interrupted power-boiler goes to fault mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
My British gas 330+ is now 11/2 years old serving 12 rads and heat via 2 single port valves- apart from one fault-igniter module-fixed within 24 hours and the dreaded frozen waste-now D-I-Yed into domestic drain--I know it should not be done I have hit a major snag
We want to leave the house in a Scottish winter for several weeks.

Left the house for 10 days with the stat set at 10C on returning house freezing boiler showing fault code F1 or 11 on reset fired up no problem.

It has its own RCD supply which resets automatically.

I thought an interruption of power knocked off the boiler.

I have just tested the system by switching the power off and switching it back on in a minute-the system powers back up no problem.

I assumed a power intteruption I am now at a loss would a power interruption of an hour or two cause problems.

Sponsored Links
What model of RCD do you have that resets automatically?

Tony

Its called a powerbreaker 300 milliamp trip.
It has an illuminated red light when power is on.
It has a green test button with a warning about testing.
Certainly looks like an RCD perhaps its just a fancy power supply switch--it has its own fuse.
It certainly powers back on when the main power is switched off and then back on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back