British Gas 330 F1 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, have an approx 2 year old "330" boiler fitted by British Gas, gas fired.

All fine until about 6 months ago it begins shutting down with an F1 code. If you switch the On/Off selector it restarts ok.

I'm not sure when it does it, either when on or off, because you just notice the house got cold and then find the boiler is off. It seems most common when its been off overnight.

Sometimes it happens twice a week then not for 3 weeks.

We had an npower bloke round who said it was impossible to diagnose intermittent faults because "it could be anything" ! I've looked for a manual online but cant find one, looked under glow worm too but cant find which model it is.

Any help gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Off the top of my head I think F1 is a gas supply fault.

Need a CORGI

f1 is failure to light. no gas, faulty gas valve, no spark, no rectification etc..
its RGI territory. When was it last serviced?

Id start with a good clean up of the heat exch and burner. Swap the electrodes for new and check working pressures.

in other words, a good service!

Sponsored Links
Thats really helpful, thanks for the advice guys. I'll ask a corgi registered engineer to service it (we had it serviced a year ago and didnt think it would need it again so soon) Hopefully that will do the trick.

Thats really helpful, thanks for the advice guys. I'll ask a corgi registered engineer to service it (we had it serviced a year ago and didnt think it would need it again so soon) Hopefully that will do the trick.

Have the seals been changed for the burner? They normally leak condensate resulting in the spark generator pulsing thus poor ignition. Needs service as above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back