British Gov Claims Re Ukraine's "puppet gov.." mocked by very man "to lead"

however, since 2014 they have been isolating themselves from the likely effects of economic sanctions.

You will be aware that they are receiving vast heaps of money from European countries that did not develop alternative sources of energy to reduce their dependency on Russia oil and Gas. Therefore, if they lose access to international banking channels, Europe will not be able to buy energy from them, which would be inconvenient (maybe send truckloads of gold instead). By a surprising coincidence Russian fuel shipments have been rather low this year, resulting in huge price rises. Who could have seen that coming? Russia did, and has been increasing reserves of foreign currency and gold. The extra money received for high-priced oil and gas has been a great help to them.

US aerospace industry buys a lot of Titanium from the Russian Empire. Hmmmm. Put a stop to that, and who suffers from sanctions?

russians

Sponsored Links
Gas

blame all the fruitcakes who whinged about getting shale gas

in fact all those who were against it should have there gas cut off first

Gas

blame all the fruitcakes who whinged about getting shale gas

in fact all those who were against it should have there gas cut off first

Whilst I really really would like cheap gas, I'm eternally grateful that my village hasn't been razed to the ground by an earthquake that measures on the high side of the Richter scale.

Whilst I really really would like cheap gas, I'm eternally grateful that my village hasn't been razed to the ground by an earthquake that measures on the high side of the Richter scale.

exactly the scare mongering that will cause a crisis ;)

Sponsored Links
exactly the scare mongering that will cause a crisis ;)

Yes. I would enjoy sitting amongst the ruins of my home, watching the gas feed merrily spewing its contents into the atmosphere at high pressure.

Safe in the knowledge that at least it's cheap.

As the UK and the EU depend on gas supplies from Russia due to our/EU green policies, the UK/ and EU have finally sent a message to the Russians.

The message is behind the scenes and I belong to a group, that gets inside information, EG 'threats to interfere, cut off gas supplies to..... will result in decisive action....'

My understanding is that the Russians have been given the green light by the majority of the west and the UK and the USA let this slip last week and the week before, IE UK will not be sending front line forces and they will let slide bits and pieces taking of Ukraine and other ex Russian states.

As I said before, Dombas is majority pro-Russian as are some other parts of Ukraine and other ex Soviet states.

The west and Putin are playing games at the expense of the lives of innocent people as usal.

Russia did, and has been increasing reserves of foreign currency and gold. The extra money received for high-priced oil and gas has been a great help to them.
Precisely. Financially, they've never been better prepared.
According to the Bank of Russia’s preliminary estimate, the current account surplus of the balance of payments of the Russian Federation in 2021 reached record high of $120.3 billion, having increased almost 3 times compared to 2020.
https://www.cbr.ru/eng/statistics/m...rding to the Bank of,3 times compared to 2020.​

Don't be daft.
Communists and Jews were synonymous with Russia.
Communism was seen by many as the product of Jewish thought.
Russia was a communist state.
The elites in western Europe feared they would be subverted by communist Russia, this is, why many people initially supported Fascism.

Quote.
Hitler, armed with his newfound celebrity began furiously campaigning. The 1920s saw the Nazis run on a platform consisting of anti-communism, antisemitism and extreme nationalism.

Communists and Jews were synonymous with Russia.
Communism was seen by many as the product of Jewish thought.
Russia was a communist state.
The elites in western Europe feared they would be subverted by communist Russia, this is, why many people initially supported Fascism.

Quote.
Hitler, armed with his newfound celebrity began furiously campaigning. The 1920s saw the Nazis run on a platform consisting of anti-communism, antisemitism and extreme nationalism.
It was the German communist party that motivated some toward supporting Nazism, not any external communist threat.
There were also other motivations for supporting Hitler, anti-communism (internal Communist party) was just one of them.

WWII was largely down to WWI which is why the final terms were totally different when II ended. The USA also pumped a lot of money into Europe. The wars made them rather rich.

The Russians have had a buoyant economy with a trading surplus for a some time. They have also built up their USD reserves. They have trading partnerships. Latest bogey joining them according to the TV is China. In some ways the 2 countries do have an affinity but probably less these days but who knows. China likes giving countries loans as the West does. The IMF and World Bank have some interesting aspects.

Go back to how the current Ukraine formed and remember that it would upset Russia was mentioned. Perhaps this is why nothing was done about the Crimea. A referendum was held there and they allowed reporters in.NATO decided to ignore it. I mean no one could wish to be part of Russia but it's pretty clear some do.It's all about politics really.

So one solution would be both sides appearing to win according to their populations and also being able to still be critical of the other.

As has been mentioned a war of sorts has being going on in the Ukraine for some time. The Russian troops may be where they are in case something more serious turns up to sort it out. Or they could be there to invade and take over part or all of it.

NATO decided to ignore it.
They didn't ignore it, they declared it illegal. You don't attend or recognise illegal processes. The current constitution at the time required the permission of the Ukraine Parliament to sanction the referendum, and it hadn't.
It's like UK Parliament allowing, (or not) Scotland a referendum. If Scotland went ahead with a referendum against UK Parliament wishes, it could be described as illegal.
The big difference is that Russian military were already in control of the streets and relevant infrastructure before and during the referendum.

I mean no one could wish to be part of Russia but it's pretty clear some do.
o_O

It's all about politics really.
Really?

Sponsored Links
Back