britony combi 80 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a britony combi 80 boiler, and have hot water and heating but when i turn the heating or hot water on the pressure gauge rises, why???

Sponsored Links
If it rises by about 0.3 Bar then its probably because the design puts the gauge after the pump in which case its normal.

The normal cold pressure should be about 1.5 Bar.

Tony

i noticed yesterday morning that the pressure had dropped so i recharged it to 1.5 bar then turned the heating on and the pressure gauge kept sising to about 2.5 bar so i turned the heating off, then the pressure dropped back down. it does the same when i turn the hot water tap on as well??

Thats something else!

A failed expansion vessel.

See the FAQ on this site for info!

Tony

Sponsored Links
i have just checked the expansion vessel and there is air in it and there was no water coming out so the diaphram must still be intack. I have turned the heating on again and the radiators got hot but the gauge still rose to 3 bar and i then turned it off. could it be trapped air in the boiler somewhere or do you think it is still the expansion vessel?

You clearly think that you know all about it dont you!

Its obvious that you will know more than any plumber because they are all thick aren't they?

As I said before, if you want to know how to deal with it then read the FAQ on this site and follow what it says instead of your own faulted ideas!

If you want to stick with your own stupid ideas then you should not have asked for help on here!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back