Britony2t heating problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Britony 2t multi-point water heater which I am informed is 17 years old. I'm having problems with it producing hot water. Basically the water is luke warm.
A professional came out to look at it ans confirmed it wasn't the diaphram. Also suggested that I get the T/couple and injector replaced. I have two boilers, the Britony for the hotwater and a Glowworm space saver for the heating, again over 12 yrs old. The professional suggested that it might be more cost effective and in light of the age of the boilers, to replace them with a new condensing one which will supply the power for the hotwater and the heating.

Have I been given some good advice??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why did he say not diaphragm, a stretched diaphragm will stop the proper movement of the pin to gas section thus only allowing a percentage of correct gas flow causing luke warm water... why does he want to change pilot/tcouple

I'm not sure, however he charged me £50 for the advice and turned down the water flow to try and increase the temp, which I now know involved turning a tap!
He said it'll cost me £150 to 200 to get it serviced and have the mentioned parts replaced. With a 17 yr old boiler is it worth it. It may be better just replacing the whole thing. If I could change the diaphram my self I'd give it a go and see if it works, but I'm in the professionals hands who says it isn't the diaphram.

Thanks

So in total £250 quid to serv ice a multipoint and fit 30 quids worth of bits he is taking the p#ss , if your pilot is not going out or gauze on it damaged then there is no need to renew cant see where he is coming from.. britony was best multipoint ever made and new diaphragm would have it back working. i would dump the guy try and get someone on reccomendation.
New heater is about 300 to buy do a search on net price range from 3oo/450

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back