brittony 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i have a brittony 80. Last week i tried to get cover through british gas. The engineer inspected it and said they couldnt take it on because the Hot water heat exchanger was blocked. The systoms are that when hot water is required it doesnt happen straight away it takes a few attemps. Also when hot water is acieved the boiler seem to kettle any advice how i could sort this guys.

The enginner said i would need a new heat exchanger and a power flush is this right. The boiler is old now so it would be cheaper to get a new one LOL. Any home remedys i can do in the mean time to solve this problem

cheers

Sponsored Links
Although I am very doubtful of any BG analysis due to them being on some sort of commission, this time it my prove correct. The only way you can confirm it would be to get another reputable CORGI in to quote/repair.

the guy was ok actually LOL. He said run it till destruction then invest in the new one instead of doing the repair and power flush which was honest of him. just wondered if anyone could suggest a tempory measure in the meanwhile.

cheers

Sponsored Links
talked to the technical C and M guy on the phone today and he said it cant be the heat exchanger as it would give me hot water and cut off almost straight away. He suggested the hot water flow swith isnt working correctly any off oyu guys experienced this/???

cheers

hendo127 said:
talked to the technical C and M guy on the phone today and he said it cant be the heat exchanger as it would give me hot water and cut off almost straight away. He suggested the hot water flow swith isnt working correctly any off oyu guys experienced this/???

cheers

its sounds right for the problem of no hot water but does not explain the kettling.

YOu need to get someone in to prove the dhw heat ex is scaled. it is easily proved and should not be guessed at.

If you have something that can measure tempature of pipes and know what each pipe in the boiler is doing then yes.

im just doing it via touch at the moment i know which pipe is which so i know when the hot water comes on. Once the diverter valve has changed over the water get V hot so thats working ok just that it doent change over all of the time and stays on the CH prioirty, then it eventually changes over after turning the taps off and on a few times and everything is fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back