Broad Bean plants Global Warming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
aquadulce broad bean seeds, planted for early crop

Planted my broad been seed four weeks ago 5 inch deep , now 15 - 18 inch high.

Must be global warming making them grow abnormally.

Only hope there is not a severe winter frost/snow.

Attachments

• PB110425.JPG
    PB110425.JPG
    496.9 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
I don't think it's so much global warming, more to do with where they've they've been planted between high sided panels. They've been drawn up to the light so are a bit leggy and weak to support a crop of beans imo.

The mild weather will end this weekend and next week will be more like average temperature's we should expect for this time of year: wet and cold, in other words.
That's a nice looking crop: do they get light at the end by the fence, and will you cover them when winter gets going?

Sponsored Links
I don't think it's so much global warming, more to do with where they've they've been planted between high sided panels. They've been drawn up to the light so are a bit leggy and weak to support a crop of beans imo.

Planted in this bit of waste ground for a few years, never seen them LEGGY like this before.
normally at this time of year 3/4 inch high, we plant 200 seeds for a later crop Feb/March ( we love beans).

Had five kilos of runner beans this year they have been dried and will punt in soups ans salads

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back