bubble gum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used gasoline to remove bubble gum out of my sons baseball uniform then washed the pants in laundry soap. I know it sounds stupid but it really works !!! :D

Sponsored Links
Next time put it in the freezer overnight you can pull it off in one lump in the morning. No mess or smell.

I used to work for a cleaning chemicals company. They sold a specific product for freezing the bubblegum so you could peel it off, e.g. on a carpet where you can't really take it up and freeze the whole thing!

Pipe freeze spray would work too, best check it isn't anything that would stain though.

I am surprised that gasoline didn't stain the uniform! But I suppose it usually just evaporates off whatever very quickly so wouldn't leave much of a trace.

Sponsored Links
i was thinking perhaps "gas" has a low boiling point, when applied to gum cools it , etc etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back